How It Works
How It Works
FloorFix HT™ suits a wider range of applications and is designed to clamp flooring plate to supporting steel from the top without the need for on-site drilling, tapping, bolting or welding. The grating fastener works with a cam mechanism that can be operated using a basic hexagon key drive, capable of connecting steel flanges from 1/8" - 1" without the need of additional packing pieces. FloorFix HT™ allows steel erectors a high degree of tolerance, and for floor plates to be connected to new steel erected within +/- 1/4" of its intended position. FloorFix HT™ has all the benefits of our widely renowned original FloorFix™ grating clip design, and is more user friendly.
Features & Benefits
- Allows for +/- 1/4” construction tolerance
- Can clamp up to 1” thick steel as standard
- Hot Dip Galvanized finish as standard
- No drilling, tapping or welding required
- Allows easy repositioning or lifting of floor plate
- No special tools or skilled labor required
- No access to the underside required
- Tested for vibration conditions at TÜV
Assemble Floorfix HT to the underside of the floor plate making sure the markings “THIS WAY UP” are facing the underside.
Tighten the bolt loosely making sure the flat edge of the clamp is in line with the edge of the steel it is going to connect to.
Lower the plate in position over the supporting steelwork.
Once the floor plate is in position, rotate the countersunk bolt one full turn counter-clockwise.
Tighten the countersunk screw until the plate is secured. For guaranteed performance, use the recommended tightening torques given in Measurements & Specifications.